1. All persons shall comply with the instructions of the lifeguards. Any disagreement with such instructions should be brought to the attention of the pool manager or assistant manager. If the disagreement cannot be resolved satisfactorily, it should be brought to the attention of the Pool Committee in accordance with the Club Bylaws.
2. Every member entering the pool enclosure for any purpose is required to comply with the identification and sign-in procedures established by the Manager and the Board of Directors.
3. The Manager of the pool is authorized to modify these rules in any situation where, in his/or her judgment, such modification is required for the protection of member’s health and safety. Having made such modification, the Manager is required to notify the board president within 24 hours.
4. The Pool Manager will be required to maintain a log of all significant incidents involving potential adverse health or safety effects or damage to the pool facilities.
5. Violation of the pool rules may result in suspension or revocation of pool privileges to be determined by the Board of Directors. If under the age of 18, pool privileges will not be restored until the individual, accompanied by a parent or legal guardian meets with a board member and the pool manager.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
1. Food and beverages may be consumed only in those areas specifically designated.
2. No glass containers of any kind shall be brought into the dressing rooms or into the pool and deck enclosure.
3. All persons shall take a soap shower before entering the pool.
4. All persons entering the pool or deck area from the grass areas must use the foot showers placed at the deck entrance points.
5. All persons with long hair must wear a suitable swimming cap or have hair suitably restrained while in the pool.
6. No persons with any open wound, bandages, infections, contagious diseases, or otherwise determined by the Pool Manager to constitute a health hazard, shall use the pool.
7. Smoking is not permitted at Country Glen.
8. Alcoholic beverages, narcotics, or other intoxicating substances may not be consumed on Club property at any time, nor shall any person under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or other intoxicants enter Club property. The exception would be at Club sponsored events.
9. No pets of any kind shall be permitted on Club property except in a continuously occupied vehicle.
10. No incontinent members or children who are not toilet trained may enter the pool unless such individuals are clothed in snugly fitting water-proof pants which are designed to prevent the introduction of fecal matter into the pool and are worn over any type of diaper, including swim diapers.
11. No spitting, spouting water, blowing of the nose, urinating, or other unsanitary practice as defined by the Pool Manager, is permitted in the pool.
12. Discretion must be used in operation of radios, I pods, cell phones and other electronic devices, to avoid disturbing others.
13. No child under the age of 12 shall be admitted to the pool without a parent or authorized guardian.
14. No child under the age of 12 shall be in the deep end of the pool, or anywhere he cannot stand with his head above water unless he has passed the pool test.
15. The pool test shall consist of swimming two widths of the pool (approximately 128 feet) and treading water for two minutes.
16. At the discretion of the Manager all the children under the age of 15 may be required to clear the pool for 15 minutes each hour. During this period, four lanes will be reserved for the swimming of laps.
17. Anyone not toilet-trained (incontinent) who wishes to enter any pool must wear a clean diaper covered by separaterubber/vinyl pants, all of which must fit snugly around the legs and waist. If the diaper becomes soiled, this person must leave the pool immediately, and may not return until he/she has taken or been given a soap shower and has been recovered by a new diaper with clean rubber/vinyl pants. This is a Montgomery County Regulation.
18. No tennis balls permitted in the pool area.
1. No running, horseplay, pushing, wrestling, ball playing, or conduct creating undue exposure is allowed within the pool enclosure.
2. No swimming aids or toys will be permitted in the main pool except approved swim fins and masks.
3. Divers shall mount the boards one at a time, dive straight off the board, and swim directly to the nearest side and get out. No other persons shall enter the diving area.
4. No person shall climb upon or obstruct the lifeguard chairs, nor converse with the guards on duty, except on matters pertaining to the immediate functions of the guards.
- NO one under the age of 7 may use the SLIDE at any time.
- ALL users MUST be a minimum of 48 “ tall, regardless of age.
- ALL users MUST pass the Club’s swim test.
- All children are to be supervised/monitored by parents or guardians when using the slide.
- Only 1 user at a time may be on the slide or the ladder.
- Once on the slide’s ladder you may NOT descend from the ladder.
- Slide feet first, on your back or in a sitting position.
- The slide may be closed at the sole discretion of the Lifeguard on duty.
- Use of the slide may be denied to anyone at the sole discretion of the Lifeguard on duty.
DIVING BOARD/ DIVING WELL:
- ALL users MUST pass the Club’s swim test.
- All children under the age of 8 are to be supervised/monitored by parents or guardians when using the diving area.
- Only 1 user at a time may be on the diving board or ladder.
- The diving area may be closed at the sole discretion of the Lifeguard on duty.
- Use of the diving area may be denied to anyone at the sole discretion of the Lifeguard on duty.
- The diving well shall be used for diving board use for the first 25 minutes of every hour. The well may be open during this time if there are no divers present. A person must be permitted to use the diving board in that first 25 minutes of the hour and an open well shall revert to board use if someone would like to use the diving board in that 25 minute period.
- Open well may be requested at 25 minutes after the hour if the diving boards are not in use and a majority of those using the well request it.
1. No child over the age of 5 shall enter the kiddie pool.
2. All children using the kiddie pool must be continuously supervised by a person over the age of 16.
3. No breakable toys or balls will be permitted in the kiddie pool.
1. Guests must be accompanied at all times by a member. The member is responsible for the conduct of their guests at all times.
2. No guests will be permitted on Memorial Day, the 4th of July, and Labor Day before 5 pm.
3. Guest fees will be charged to the member account at the time of admittance.
4. No person shall be admitted to the pool or the tennis courts as a guest on more than 10 occasions during the summer season.
GUEST FEE SCHEDULE FOR THE POOL AND THE TENNIS COURTS:
1. Only tennis shoes with smooth rubber soles and no heals may be worn on the courts. Courts will be used for tennis only.
2. There shall be no more than four players per court. Only players may enter the enclosure. No non-playing children are allowed inside the enclosure.
3. Beverages or food are not permitted within the enclosure.
4. A family may occupy only one court at a given time if others are waiting.
5. Singles games must give way after one hour and doubles must give way after 1 1/2 hours if there are members and their guests waiting. PLEASE GIVE WAY PROMPTLY.
6. From May I until October 31, there will be one court used for reserved play and two courts used for open play. All three courts will be used for open play outside this time period.
7. Reservations for the reserved court must be recorded on the reservation sheet. Member’s number and name(s) (last name, first initial and “guest(s)”) may appear only once on the reservation schedule for any given week. The reservation list will be available one week in advance, i.e., every Thursday evening at 6:00 p.m.
8. Players with reservations will be given a ten minute grace period prior to the court being declared “open” and available to waiting players.
9. Court #1 will be the reserved court and will be used for reservations during these periods (except for junior hours, tournaments, ladies round-robin and other activities approved by the Board): Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to closing Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 2:00 p.m. to closing.
10. Names of all tennis players must be shown on the reservation schedule. Four names must appear to reserve 1 1/2 hours and 2 names must appear to reserve 1 hour.
11. Except for the reserved court period, tournaments, ladies round-robin, Wednesdays Junior hours and other activities approved by the Board, courts will be available for open play at all times on a first-come, first-served basis. A sign-up list will be used to register for open courts and names of all players must be listed.
12. Juniors aged 17 and under have first priority on three courts from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday when school is in session and from 12 noon to 4:00 p.m. during summer vacation periods when school is closed and from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Saturday’s, Sunday’s and Holidays. Adults 18 and over must give way to juniors during these time periods. Juniors must give way to adults at all other times, including state and federal holidays, etc.
13. Weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and holiday play will be limited to one playing period per day. This playing period may be one hour of single or 1 1/2 hours of doubles. Any player playing for a second period during the day is bumpable by a player not having played previously that day. The sign-up sheet will be used to determine any player’s use of the courts.
14. At least one member of any group signed-up and waiting for an open court must remain present to protect the group’s position on the waiting list. If no one is present from a group on the waiting list, the group’s names may be removed.
15. All members of a group waiting for a court should be ready to start when it is their turn and a court becomes open. If not ready within five minutes, the next group in turn should take the court. Please do not start rounding up your partners from the pool only five minutes before the expected time. Players on the court may quit early. ALLOW ADEQUATETIME. BE READY.
16. Members are entitled to invite guests. However, guests will be limited to the reserved court and must appear on the reserved court sign-up sheet as “guest(s)”. In all cases guest fees ($5 per guest per day) will be submitted at the pool desk during the period the pool is open or mailed to P. 0. Box 59513 Potomac , Maryland 20859 , when the pool is closed.
17. Members are encouraged to call attention to violations of the rules and should attempt to settle any differences amicably and equitably. If such settlement is not possible members may contact the Tennis Chairman. Alleged violations will be reviewed by the Tennis Chairman and appropriate action taken when necessary. Observance of the rules by all members will lead to more equitable use of the courts by all and an opportunity for all members to share our limited facilities.
18. The above rules will operate all year long except for the single reserved court and the restricted guest policy which will be in effect only during the period May 1 to October 31.